No experience is required for this role. We’d love you to join our growing team and assist in delivering our exciting development planning projects across the country. Tasks will include:
• Obtaining, analysing, and interpreting traffic from a range of external sources
• Appraising development sites in terms of their accessibility by a range of transport modes
• Writing Technical Notes, Transport Statements, Environmental Statement chapters and Travel Plan reports, in part or in full
• Preparing technical figures and using GIS to contribute to reports and assessments
• Undertaking junction capacity assessments
• Undertaking site visits and inputting to masterplan and junction designs
• Designing highway improvement schemes
• Managing your own projects, with as much support and training as needed
• Degree-qualified in a relevant field and have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for transport planning
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good presentation and technical writing skills
• The ability to manage your own time to meet deadlines and budgets
• Good technical ability
• A positive attitude
You will get to work on some very interesting and groundbreaking projects across all sectors – we are particularly active in the sustainable energy sector, and many of our projects are directly contributing to the drive towards net zero.
Axis provides great opportunities for career progression, highly competitive salaries, annual bonuses, one-on-one training from Director / Technical Director level and a range of working benefits including pension contributions, private healthcare, and payment of professional fees. We also have company social events each year.
We have become adept at flexible working and embrace people wanting to work from home for part of the time, as well as from our offices in Chester (Bretton) and Manchester (Wilmslow). We recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance amongst all our colleagues and regularly review our ways of working to improve this.
To secure our long-term future as an independent consultancy, we’ve recently become an Employee Ownership Trust. The company is managed in the interests of all colleagues and there are specific benefits associated with Trust status including tax free bonuses.
Axis operates under a flat management structure so we move and communicate quickly, spot talent more easily, and ensures you take an active part in the life of the company from day one.
Please complete the below form and attached a copy of your CV and one of our team will contact you. Thank you.
Find out how our planning experts can help you with your project.
Well House BarnsBrettonChesterCH4 0DH
Camellia House76 Water LaneWilmslowCheshireSK9 5BB