We have an exciting opportunity for a Landscape Architect in the early stages of their career with a particular interest in working in the landscape planning sector on a range of renewable energy and other net zero projects.
Day-to-day you will be working alongside senior Landscape Architects and Planners to support the preparation of environmental design strategies, landscape and visual appraisals and assessments, as well as landscape masterplans and management plans suitable for planning. You will also shadow senior staff at client meetings and be trained in the essential commercial aspects of consultancy work.
• Ambitious and highly motivated, with an interest for working in the landscape planning sector
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work collaboratively
• Willingness to learn and develop new skills, including in project management and the essential commercial aspects of consultancy work
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, with knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and GIS being desirable
• Attention to detail and ability to work with accuracy to support the preparation of relevant documents
• Flexibility and willingness to travel across the UK, as the position involves travel
• A UK driving licence is an essential requirement
• Working towards chartership with the Landscape Institute is desirable, and candidates will have the opportunity to work with LI Pathway to Chartership mentors at Axis
What you’ll find at Axis is a welcoming, people-focused culture that is committed to driving forward projects, adding real environmental value to development proposals, and securing planning consents for our clients. We are open and supportive of innovation, and as an EOT and small business we have the flexibility and ambition to push forward with any ideas you have.
Axis is an award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, originally founded in 1999 by dual-qualified Landscape Architect/Planner. This ethos of taking a landscape-led approach to our project delivery continues to this day. We want our Landscape Architects to have the confidence to take the lead on guiding our Planners, our EIA Specialists and our clients towards finding the best sites and adopting the best strategy from the outset to secure consents.
Axis provides great opportunities for career progression, highly competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and a range of working benefits including pension contributions, private healthcare, and payment of professional fees. We have become adept at flexible working and embrace people wanting to work from home for part of the time, as well as from our offices in Chester (Bretton) and Manchester (Wilmslow). We recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance amongst all our colleagues and regularly review our ways of working to improve this.
To secure our long-term future as an independent consultancy, we’ve recently become an Employee Ownership Trust. The company is managed in the interests of all colleagues and there are specific benefits associated with Trust status including tax free bonuses. You’ll be able to take an active part in the life of the company from day one.
Please complete the below form and attached a copy of your CV and one of our team will contact you. Thank you.
Find out how our planning experts can help you with your project.
Well House BarnsBrettonChesterCH4 0DH
Camellia House76 Water LaneWilmslowCheshireSK9 5BB