Typically, the role of planning consultant will involve working on a variety of projects, supporting senior staff on project work, providing direct client advice on sites/projects, drafting reports and planning submissions (site assessments, policy notes, applications, development plan representations, and Environmental Statements) and assisting with the management of the team’s caseload.
Key tasks include:
• Assisting senior staff in driving large projects forward
• Managing smaller planning applications
• Undertaking research and analysis
• Preparing planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts.
• Preparing planning reports and planning applications
• Liaising with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations and third parties
• Liaising and cultivating good relationships with clients, colleagues and fellow professionals
• Developing creative and original solutions
• Taking responsibility for smaller projects from the earliest stages through to completion
• Remaining informed about documents relating to planning policy and practice
• Attending external events and providing presentations
• Applicants should be degree-qualified in a relevant field with a genuine interest and enthusiasm in planning
• Strong understanding of the principles of planning
• A problem-solver
• Adept at presentations and technical writing
• Great communicator
• Creative thinker
This is a great opportunity to progress your career, working on a diverse portfolio of projects for prestigious clients and alongside the very best planning professionals.
Axis provides great opportunities for career progression, highly competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and a range of working benefits including pension contributions, private healthcare, and payment of professional fees.
We have become adept at flexible working and embrace people wanting to work from home for part of the time, as well as from our offices in Chester (Bretton) and Manchester (Wilmslow). We recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance amongst all our colleagues and regularly review our ways of working to improve this.
To secure our long -term future as an independent consultancy, we’ve recently become an Employee Ownership Trust. The company is managed in the interests of all colleagues and there are specific benefits associated with Trust status including tax free bonuses. You’ll be able to take an active part in the life of the company from day one.
Please complete the below form and attached a copy of your CV and one of our team will contact you. Thank you.
Find out how our planning experts can help you with your project.
Well House BarnsBrettonChesterCH4 0DH
Camellia House76 Water LaneWilmslowCheshireSK9 5BB